What you can expect:
- Meaningful, fast-paced work with the region’s largest heavy civil construction and materials company
- On-the-job training led by talented, passionate members of the Allan Myers team
- Exposure to large heavy civil construction projects and/or materials production
- Work as a valuable member of a team/crew learning craft skills
Crew members will contribute to the success of the team through a variety of physical tasks which are generally either unskilled or semi-skilled in nature. Typical duties include:
- Digging, spreading and shoving dirt and gravel using pick and or shovel.
- Mixing, pouring and spreading concrete, asphalt, gravel, and other material using hand tools.
- Performing a wide variety of manual tasks including pipe assembly, pipe cutting and laying, removing or forms from set concrete, taking layout shots, directing equipment operators on cuts and fills, etc.
- Cleaning and caring for tools, materials and work areas.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.